Although the Hawaii Harm Reduction Conference is only held every two years, other local events from our partners are held throughout the year. See below for the latest events.
Deconstructing Sex Work and Sex Trafficking
January 9, 2018
Harm Reduction Hawaii and its partner organizations will present a conference at the Ala Moana Hotel in Honolulu on the island of Oahu. Registration will be open soon.
This is not one of the series of regular Harm Reduction Conferences as it will focus almost entirely on a single subject area. Some confirmed speakers and topics include:
- Annalee Lepp, of the Global Alliance Against Trafficking Women
- Kamala Kempadoo, editor of Global Sex Workers-Rights, Resistance, and Redefinition
- Nandita Sharma, University of Hawaii professor and an expert on labor trafficking
- Meda Chesney-Lind, University of Hawaii professor and an expert on the crimes of teenage girls
- Reverend Pam Vessels, an expert on the “pimp/ho” culture as it existed in Hawaii in the 1990’s
- Lorraine Robinson, who will provide a training on trauma informed care
Continuing Education credits may be available for social workers.